I always enjoy catching up with our awesome coaching team and finding out more about what excites them and makes them tick. I was at Club Sports Park a couple of weeks ago and I had a great chat with Lead Coach Molly. Here's what I found out...
LEAD COACH MOLLY
How long have you been coaching at Flair now?
What other coaching experience do you have other than Flair?
I used to coach at the Wiltshire School of Gymnastics.
How did you hear about or first get into coaching at Flair?
I was recommended by a friend.
What clubs do you coach at and what is your role?
I am Lead Coach on Wednesday at Club Spectrum and Saturday at Club Sports Park.
Why do you like coaching at Flair?
I love seeing the kids developing not only in their gymnastics ability but also in their confidence and interaction with others in the group.
If you would like to see your child grow in confidence and develop their gymnastics skills why not book them onto a Trial Class.
BOOK HERE > www.ukflair.com/clubs
LEAD COACH MOLLY SUPPORTS ZAC
What school did you go to?
St Laurence School, Bradford on Avon near Bath.
What are your hobbies?
Dancing and choreography, baking and cooking.
Did you do gymnastics as a child?
Yes I did gymnastics from the age of 3 until I was 16 and competed in regional competitions. I then got into dancing and I love coaching gymnastics.
COACHING ON VAULT WITH COACH SOPHIE
Do you have any siblings?
Yes I have 2 sisters. Harriet who is 26 and Emily who is 24.
Do you have any pets?
Yes, a golden retriever called Katy and a ginger cat called Nigel.
What is your favourite sports related film?
‘The Gabby Douglas Story.’ This film inspired me to achieve my biggest goals. It taught me that anything is possible if you work hard enough.
Who is your favourite gymnast that inspires you and why?
Gabby Douglas. Her journey, persistence and dedication to being a professional is amazing and very impressive.
What would be your TOP TIPS for increasing flexibility?
My TOP TIPS for increasing flexibility would be:
1. VARIATION - Vary your stretches to ensure you are doing both static and dynamic stretching. Examples of dynamic stretching includes: forward and side leg kicks.
2. PERSEVERANCE & REPETITION - It is important when static stretching to hold it for 10 seconds. For dynamic stretching repetition is key - if doing leg kicks repeat them at least 5 times on each leg.
3. BREATHE - It is important to breathe into it. This will help to deepen the stretch however, know your limits, you should only go as far as you can without pain.
4. HYDRATE - Drinking water will allow your body to be more relaxed, and therefore increase your mobility and your flexibility.
5. PATIENCE - Flexibility will not just develop overnight you need to work at it.
Thank you Molly for sharing your gymnastics experiences with us. Keep up the good work at Flair!
If you would like to find out more about our gymnastics clubs in Surrey and would like your child to be taught by our awesome coaching team, why not bring your child along for a Trial Class.
FIND OUT MORE HERE > www.ukflair.com/clubs
We'd love to meet you!
The Parent's Champion
P.S. FIND OUT MORE HERE > www.ukflair.com/clubs